Japan is a lucrative market for SEO services. However, due to the unique language and other cultural factors, it has been difficult for foreign SEO companies to penetrate this very attractive market. To rank higher in the search engines for the Japanese market, the following ten factors play a major role. However, please be aware that the factors come in no particular order.
- A country-specific domain such as co.jp
- Japanese language content
- Keyword usage in the title tag
- Links from other local domains
- The geographical location of the hosting server
- Local business address as a text on pages of the site
- Registration of the site in Google Local Business center
- Geo-targeting preference set in the Google Webmaster Tools
- Manual review of the site by major search engine employees
- The address associated with the registration of the domain being targetted
Any comments on the above factors/points? Now, it is your turn to speak up.
Leave a Reply